Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Around here - Rosemary, Oregano & Sea Salt Bread

We are right into bread making at the moment and when I saw this recipe on Leah Instines IG account the other day I had to give it a go.  This would be great to serve with soup or some dips.

RECIPE
3 cups plain flour
1.5 cups warm water
1/2 teaspoon dried yeast
Pinch of salt flakes
Pinch of dried rosemary [I mixed 1/2 teaspoon in the dough - could use 1 teaspoon]
Pinch of dried oregano  [I mixed 1/2 teaspoon in the dough - could use 1 teaspoon]

METHOD
Pre-heat oven to 220° Celsius

Mix warm water with yeast until dissolves. Add it into the bowl with flour and mix well.

Lightly flour a bench and knead the bread until it forms a perfect little ball. Place back into the bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise for 2-3 hours.

Remove from bowl, sprinkle herbs and then shape into a ball and place it onto gladbake/parchment paper. 

Make a cross cut on the top of the bread and sprinkle salt flakes on top and place into a oven safe pot and cover with a lid.  I placed the parchment paper and dough into the pot.

Cook in the oven for 30 mins, remove lid and cook for another 10.

NOTES:
This recipe is mixed by hand however I used my Thermomix and used the same instructions I used on the Turkish Bread I made on the weekend.

I also sprinked extra rosemary and oregano on top and the sea salt goes on top too.

I cooked mine in the Aldi pot which I bought a while back for approx $25. 




4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious, Kathy. Another recipe for me to try. I ordered a veg box this morning too from Spray Free Farmacy. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you did...I ordered mine too...they will leave it at the front door and then next time you order just leave the box out for them to swap over. [if you are doing a collection point not sure who stores the boxes] Regardless of the CV getting spray free veggies and helping out the farmers is always a good thing and a husband and wife small business.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful crust this bread has. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci that's what I think too...these breads are so easy to make.

      Delete