Sunday, March 8, 2020

Around here - Botanic Gardens

Earlier this week I had decided I would take a wander around the Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens one afternoon however the first few days of the week were so hot I didn't get there until late Friday afternoon.  I only spent an hour there and I set my alarm on my phone for an hour.  The last time the kids and I were there we got locked inside the gates along with some other people and to be honest there wasn't really any way to get out.  I thought they might have someone on the gate to make sure everyone got out however it got locked and that was it.  Eventually we got the attention of the couple of staff at the restaurant to get out however it took us over 30 minutes of calling out for them to notice.  The gardens are open everyday and close at 5.30 pm however in April to August they lock the gates at 5.00 pm so make sure you are out by closing time or you'll be spending the night.

I took my camera and spent a leisurely hour wandering around so here's a few pics.


















4 comments:

  1. Wow - that is surprising that they wouldn't have had someone at the gate to ensure everyone got out at closing time. What a beautiful place and absolutely stunning photos!! I adore that last one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...we were thinking it was so crazy not to have someone to let us out too.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a nice thing to do for yourself, and such splendid textures and shapes ... you have a real eye for detail! Gosh, getting locked in does not sound nice at all :(. Yes, you'd think they would have a better system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa..it was a bit like "are we on candid camera"...

      Delete